Information We Collect
SURFSPOTS-GPS.COM respects your privacy. All information that we collect from our visitors helps us give you the best possible service and experience on SURFSPOTS-GPS.COM. We collect three types of information.
- Information You Provide: Some of SURFSPOTS-GPS.COM features cannot be accessed unless you are registered with this site. This is required so that we know you have accepted our Terms and Conditions and understand the rules and procedures of this site. Most of the data we collect for the membership profile is optional. All of your personal information is secured in our data center.
- E-Mail Communications: If your computer supports the capabilities, SURFSPOTS-GPS.COM is notified when you open an e-mail that has been sent to you from our site. It is completely optional to receive e-mails from SURFSPOTS-GPS.COM. If you do not wish to receive e-mails from us, you can adjust the communications preference on your profile. SURFSPOTS-GPS.COM does not support SPAM in any form.
How Your Information is Used
SURFSPOTS-GPS.COM will never sell your personal information to a third party. Below is a description of the only ways we may share visitor/user information.
- Information that you provide about yourself can be used to fulfill your requests for our products, services, or to offer you other programs or services that we feel may interest you.
- We may use the information that you provide to notify you of changes to our subscriber agreements, to respond to your inquiries, or to contact you concerning your account.
- Information collected from our online forums, communities, or other interactive online messaging on our site can be used to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you.
- If you submit content for publication on our site through our online forums, blogs, or reviews, we may post your screen name and any other information that you have given us.
- We may disclose your personal information if legally required to (i.e., if we receive a court order or subpoena). We may also disclose this information to law enforcement agencies when requested if we feel it necessary to investigate or prevent any suspected illegal activities, such as fraud, threats to the safety of others, violations of our Terms and Conditions, etc.
- We may transfer your information if we are acquired or merged with another company or organization.
- All employees of SURFSPOTS-GPS.COM who have access to your personal information are required to protect said information. They cannot use your information for any purpose other than to fulfill the services required for SURFSPOTS-GPS.COM.
- We may combine information that we retrieve with outside records in order to improve our website services or to market products or services to you. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from this site, you may update your communication preferences on your SURFSPOTS-GPS.COM profile.
- SURFSPOTS-GPS.COM will never sell, share, or rent any of your personal information to any third parties without your permission unless required by law.
As we welcome all visitors, we support and encourage parents to monitor their children’s online activities. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have obtained information from a child under 13, we will delete the information from our systems.
Keeping Your Children Safe on the Internet
- Monitor the sites your child is visiting and decide which sites are appropriate for him or her.
- Look at website policies. Know how your child’s information is used.
- Teach your kids never to give out personal information—such as name, address, birth date, social security number, or phone number—unless supervised by a responsible parent or adult.
If we become aware of any improper activities within our site, we will delete the information from our systems.
*** Check out http://www.ftc.gov for tips on protecting your children ***
Protecting Your Personal Information
All personal information that we collect is in connection with your registration as a member of SURFSPOTS-GPS.COM. Access to your profile information is only available through your unique user name and password—both of which are encrypted in our database. Never tell anyone your username and password. The server that contains your profile information is only available to certain SURFSPOTS-GPS.COM personnel and can only be accessed by a password. Your information is encrypted to protect you from unauthorized parties viewing this information.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
We hope you enjoy your time – each time you visit with us!